Thursday, December 22, 2011

'Twas the Day before the Day before Christmas Eve...

Yes, darlings!
Only 2 days away!
I can barely wait!
Christmas has always been my favourite holiday, (even before my birthday which is right after x-mas!) everyone is so happy and it's the time of giving. But of coarse we can't forget it was the day Christ was born:)
Even though the big day is only 2 days away, I still haven't finished my Christmas gifts!
But since the malls are packed and you can spend like 2 hours circling the parking lot for a space, I figured I'd spare you the trouble and tell you about some gifts that don't involve you and your parents in a crowded, stuffy store.
1) Scrapbooks! I am very creative so I love things like these, and everyone loves gifts money can't buy: homemade thing! It only takes some photos a book and lots of imagination!
2) A movie day! Take a shoe box, pop a DVD into it, some popcorn, candy and ta-daa! You can even print out some old-fashioned tickets off the computer.
3) Blankets. This gift will involve going to a craft store to get some fabric, but it's totally worth it! And since you're not buying the blanket already made chances are the store won't be too packed. Buy some fabric, cut it into squares (sometimes fabric stores will do that for you!) and sew together. My mom made me a blanket but cutting ruffles into all the squares and then tying them together and I love it to pieces!
4) Coupons! Not the typical coupons! Take some paper and write down a bunch of things like Free Hugs! Free Diner! Things like that, and then when your mom or dad or whoever cashes the coupons in, you do what it says! But don't worry, your siblings can help you with that! It's a really fun thing to do and whoever you give them to you will love them!

Well that's all for now!
Hopefully you'll have your shopping almost done and you won't become overwhelmed with the miracle that is Christmas!
-Calipso

No comments:

Post a Comment