Monday, December 19, 2011

Fa-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la

Deck the halls, my dear readers!
I thought that since there are only 6 days until Christmas I would take the time to give you my take on some of my favourite Christmas carols. Carols are one of my favourite things about Christmas because everyone is singing, the world is a sheet of music. Singing carols is the chance for people who can't sing to join in on the festivities, people like moi.
Now, without further ado, Deck the Halls!
1) What does Deck the Halls exactly mean? Moi doesn't have a clue! When I think of "deck the halls" I think of our deck in the backyard and the hallway... probably not the real meaning.
2) Fa-la-la-la? I don't think it has a meaning but it sure is fun to sing!
3) Tis the season to be jolly? Couldn't have said it better!
4)While I tell a Yuletide carol? When I think of "yuletide" I think of the fireplace channel on tv, where it has Christmas music playing.
That's all for now! Maybe in the next few days I find the meaning of Deck the Halls... Or I'll move onto the 12 Days of Christmas.... I mean "12 Pipers Piping?" Someone having a party? "9 ladies dancing?" "10 Lords a Leaping???"
- Calipso

No comments:

Post a Comment